This delicious Easy No Bake Cherry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust goes by many names - No Bake Cherry Cream Cheese Pie, No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Pie, and Cherry Cheese Pie are just a few.
One of the reasons that I think it has so many names is because this delicious dessert is the perfect marriage between a traditional pie and a no-bake cheesecake and people just can't decide what to call it.
However, unlike a traditional pie with a pastry crust, it features a graham cracker crust instead and has a creamy cheesecake filling. This cherry delight recipe is one of my favorite no bake desserts and is a classic crowd-pleaser.
What's the difference between a no-bake cheesecake and a no-bake cream cheese pie?
In addition to different main ingredients proportions, and crust ingredients, one of the biggest differences between a traditional no-bake cheesecake and a cream cheese pie is the texture of the filling. A no-bake cheesecake has a filling that is denser and thicker, resembling a traditional baked cheesecake.
A cream cheese pie has a texture that is similar to a mousse or pudding. However, for our recipe, we've included some ingredients that help the cream cheese pie maintain its structure. When it's cut, it can be served like a piece of pie, and it will hold its shape.
The other main difference is how the desserts are served. A traditional no-bake cheesecake is commonly served in a springform pan, allowing for the removal of the sides. A cream cheese pie is presented in a pie plate or tart pan and is cut and served more like a traditional pie.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Simple ingredients and minimal effort - with just SIX ingredients, this no bake dessert recipe will be chilling in your fridge in no time flat! Making the filling is as easy as combining everything and pouring it into the pre-made pie crust.
- It's No Bake - It's a perfect solution for making a delicious dessert during the summer months when you don't want to use your oven.
- It's Gorgeous - When served topped with vibrant cherry pie filling, this no-bake cherry cream cheese pie makes a beautiful presentation. It is the perfect dessert for special occasions.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Electric Mixer
- Lemon Juicer (optional)
- Prepared Graham Cracker Crust
- Cream Cheese - To make this cream cheese layer truly decadent, we do not recommend using fat-free cream cheese.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Fresh Lemon Juice - It brightens the flavor and gives the cream cheese filling a tangy taste.
- Cool Whip - The addition of the cool whip helps the filling hold its shape when cut and served.
- Cherry Pie Filling - The sweet cherries in the topping are a great compliment to the creamy filling.
*For specific ingredient amounts, please scroll down to the recipe card.
- Prefer a homemade graham cracker crust?
- Place 12 full graham crackers sheets and ¼ cup of granulated sugar into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are formed.
- Drizzle in 6 Tablespoons of melted butter.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 350 or chill until the melted butter is cold and holds the crust together.
- Using Graham cracker crumbs - You will need about 1 ½ cups of ready-made crumbs to make the crust.
- Pick your favorite pie filling! Since the cheesecake filling is pretty much a blank slate, you can pick whatever topping you fancy. Blueberry or strawberry would be delicious as well.
- If you'd prefer to skip the ready-made pie filling, you could make your own homemade cherry pie filling or even top the dessert with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Step 1. In a large bowl, blend softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice with a hand mixer until smooth.
Step 2. Fold in the cool whip.
Step 3. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pie crust and spread into an even layer.
Step 4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Step 5. Right before serving, spoon the cherry filling on top of the pie.
Storage and Freezing
Store this dessert in an airtight container or tightly wrapped in plastic or foil for up to 5 days. The crust may become softer, and the filling may lose some of its creamy texture and flavor. Therefore, it's best to enjoy the cream cheese pie within a few days.
This no bake cherry cheesecake can be frozen before the topping with pie filling. Cut and wrap individual slices or the entire pie in plastic wrap, then place in an airtight container or freezer bag. It will keep for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator.
You can spoon the topping over individual slices as they're served instead of spreading it over the entire top of the dessert. This will help the filling maintain its texture for a longer period of time if there are leftovers.
- 9"x13" Pan - If you prefer to serve this dessert in squares or are making a dessert for a large group, you can make this cherry cream cheese pie recipe in a 9"x13" baking dish. Make the homemade buttery graham cracker crust by following the directions in the substitution section above. Press the crust firmly into the bottom of the baking dish and bake. Cool completely before spreading the filling on top of the crust. Refrigerate as directed.
- Mini Desserts - This easy dessert recipe can also be made in mini single servings by lining a mini muffin tin with liners. Add about 1 Tablespoon of the homemade graham cracker crust mixture into each well and press firmly with a spice jar or tart shaper. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely before adding 1-2 Tablespoons of filling to each well. Refrigerate as directed.
How long can this dessert sit out at room temperature?
A no-bake cheesecake should not be left out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. it's best to keep it chilled until just before serving and then return any leftovers to the refrigerator as soon as possible. This will help maintain the quality and freshness of the cheesecake.
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Easy No Bake Cherry Pie With Graham Cracker Crust
- hand mixer
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Lemon juicer optional
- Food processor (only if making a homemade graham cracker crust)
- 1 10-inch pre-made graham cracker crust
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese softened
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or juice of 1 lemon
- 1 8-ounce container cool whip thawed
- 1 15-ounce can of cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, blend softened cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Fold in the cool whip.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pie crust and spread it into an even layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Right before serving, spoon the cherry filling on top of the pie.